Chief Operating Officer (Higher Education Sector)
c£100-120k (negotiable dependent upon experience), Pension, Life Assurance, Income Protection, 30 days leave + public holidays and other site closure days. Subject to circumstance, relocation assistance package may also be available.
NMiTE is working towards becoming a new higher education provider in Hereford. Engineering- and teaching-focussed, it will enable its future students to learn by undertaking real-world engineering and technical projects provided by employers and community groups. NMiTE hopes to break the mould in existing higher education provision – to be a disruptive game-changer in every facet of its operations and programmes. Supported by government, industry and the profession our first intake will join us as soon as we have completed the validation process. Who, what and how we teach will all be radically different to traditional engineering degrees.
To support the CEO in the leadership, management and day to day operation, deputising where appropriate, making significant contributions to strategy and decision making across the full range of our activities. The Chief Operations Officer will take specific responsibility for leadership, strategic development and successful delivery of corporate services, business and infrastructure functions. Core areas of responsibility, alongside the senior team and subject matter experts, include Operations, Development and Finance, Planning, Health Safety and Facilities, IT and Estates including residential accommodation.
The Role – Chief Operating Officer
- Lead, motivate and inspire operational teams to achieve their potential and optimise productivity
- Ensure all development plans and decisions recognise the financial parameters in which we operate
- Positively represent NMiTE, with a success focus and professional demeanour; partnering the senior team to achieve short and longer term goals
- Responsible for all financial and resource matters including transportation, estate and facilities management
- Oversee the management of each infrastructure or other development projects
- Support a collaborative culture which is focussed on delivering what future learners and employers require
- Measure and report on performance and develop plans to improve on KPIs
- Oversee the annual audit plan, internal controls and ensure that audit recommendations are addressed
- Manage the draw down of revenue and capital funding from all sources. Oversee external funding relationships
- Business resilience planning, identification of risks, developing emergency plans, delivering training
Skills and Experience Required
- A strong background of top-level operational leadership and management gained in complex organisations in public and/or private sectors
- A commitment to our ambition and values, combined with the ability to work with and gain the respect and trust of the academic community and future learners
- Ability to contribute to the development of strategy in a complex and fast changing (growing) environment
- Delivery of high-quality services while achieving value for money
- Well-developed leadership, strategic and organisational skills – able to develop, encourage and motivate senior teams
- Ability to communicate with a diverse range of external groups
- Ability to communicate effectively to the Board of Trustees, employees and external stakeholders
Are you are leader and a team player, inclusive, creative, honest, non-judgemental? An exceptional team is continuing to grow – we aim to be a disruptive game changer in every facet of our operations and programmes, breaking the mould in engineering higher education. If this sounds like the challenge you’ve been waiting for, please follow the applications process below.
Please send your CV and covering letter/email to email@example.com (our recruitment partner) or contact Lorna Dane on 01276 20444 for more information.