Fundraiser - Trusts and Foundations (Higher Education Sector)
£30-35k (negotiable dependent upon experience), Pension, Life Assurance, Income Protection, 30 days leave + public holidays and other site closure days. Subject to circumstance, relocation assistance package may also be available.
Due to increased workload and organizational growth, we are now recruiting a Fundraiser to join our growing team. NMiTE (New Model in Technology and Engineering) is an initiative backed by government, educators, Olin College, and industry, to transform higher engineering education in Britain. Located in Hereford, NMiTE ultimately aims to become the first wholly new UK university in 40 years. We are transforming the way engineers learn, bridging the gap between education, practical learning experiences and employment.
We are looking for an experienced and enthusiastic Trusts & Foundations associate (fundraiser) to join our Fundraising Team. Reporting to the Head of Fundraising, you will be able to put together persuasive proposals, build relationships and make funding applications to trusts, foundations and other individuals and organisations as well as providing funding impact reports as required.
The Role – Fundraising, BID Management and Other Duties
- Key interface for NMiTE for a portfolio of Trusts, Bids and Foundations ensuring effective management of those key partnerships and fulfilment of grant terms
- Development and cultivation of fundraising strategies
- Ability to seek out and identify new opportunities, lead enquiries and manage the application process
- Maintain relationships with Trustees, Trust and Foundation staff by way of communications and attendance at (and organisation) of events as appropriate
- Working with the Head of Fundraising to promote NMiTE’s priority projects to the appropriate audience whilst seeking the input and support from the Academic Team
- Writing creative and inspirational proposals to meet our fundraising objectives
- Maintain best practice
- Manage timely and effective reporting, to include expenditure breakdowns as required
- Represent donor’s interests and needs to the NMiTE team, ensuring commitment to delivery of grant requirements, project outcomes and donor recognition
Skills and Experience Required/Characteristics
- Fundraising experience, including a track record of securing five, six or even seven figure donations
- Experience of cultivation of strategies and managing a portfolio of Trust and Foundation prospects
- Proven expertise in the production of high-quality proposals
- Ability to meet the income and financial objectives
- Able to work as part of a small but growing team and balance multiple projects
- A genuine interest in the NMiTE mission
- Confident IT user (MS Office and a CRM)
- Able to demonstrate an ability to work at this level and with this level of responsibility and autonomy
- Confident, proactive, level headed, team player
- Professional, self-motivated and organised
- Excellent communication skills and personal presentation
- Culturally sensitive, able to adapt communication style and work at pace in a constantly changing (and growing) environment
- Driving licence and car essential for occasional travel (fully expensed)
- Occasional (planned well in advance) requirements to attend evening / weekend events (time off in lieu)
Please send your CV and covering letter/email to email@example.com (our recruitment partner) or contact Lorna Dane on 01276 20444 for more information.