Product Developer - Established and dynamic online furniture & home accessories brand
Based in outstanding office environment, travel to Europe and the Far East
c£30-34,000 - negotiable dependent on experience
This is an exciting opportunity for a Product Developer to join a rapidly growing contemporary online furniture brand. We offer our growing customer base the very best in modern, stylish furniture with an innovative and exciting range of different collections designed and made with quality in mind.
We are seeking a passionate and highly ambitious Product Developer, looking for the next step up and an opportunity to contribute on a wider scale. You will be a part of a growing team, where everyone has the opportunity to impact on the central goal. You will have clear communication skills, the ability to multitask and prioritise effectively taking control of the critical path and driving the process. Reporting to the Department Manager you will support the process across multiple categories including but not restricted to cabinetry, upholstery and lighting.
Reporting to the Department Head, the Product Developer will be responsible for:
- Working on new products and ranges, driving development to achieve the critical path
- Communicating directly with global manufacturers in the Far East and Europe to take products from specification through sampling, sign off and delivery
- Working in collaboration with the technical department and designers to make sure that all comments, and change details are relayed clearly and fed back to suppliers
- Taking a pragmatic approach to problem solving so that overall critical path and key dates are maintained
- Travelling to Europe and the Far East to attending trade fairs and review samples
- Item set up on the internal database, making sure that all details are correct
- Making sure that the correct and up to date documentation is held on file
- Liaising with the technical team and assisting with quality control problem solving and packaging
- Maintain an understanding of competitors
Product Developer Requirements:
- The ideal candidate will have worked for a retailer in product development, supply chain or manufacturing
- Experience of communicating with Far East manufacturers. Familiarity with furniture design and furniture manufacturing is preferable but not essential
- Have worked with a broad range of materials and manufacturing processes
- A strong attention to detail and the ability to multi-task
- Excellent communication skills and commercially astute
Package: £ negotiable within the range specified above
Applications Process: Applications via the job board online, or in writing to our exclusive and retained HR and Recruitment Manager at Dane Partnership. Please send your application to firstname.lastname@example.org - thank you.