Buyer / Product Developer –£40,000 to £45,000 per annum + benefits
This is a further (new) opportunity for a Buyer / Product Developer to join a rapidly growing contemporary furniture and homewares brand consisting of furniture (indoor and outdoor living), lighting, accessories and more….. The company, based in Surrey, offers the best in modern, innovative, stylish collections that are always designed and manufactured with quality in mind. As a business we pride ourselves on our culture of excellence throughout and place our team at the heart of that ethos. We are passionate about our employees being our most powerful and valued asset and create a culture where people are encouraged to succeed, develop and thrive.
We are looking for a passionate Buyer / Product Developer; someone with a strong product-based background and core experience, preferably in furniture, but certainly within the retail sector. This role would suit an experienced Buyer or Product Developer looking to develop their career in a role within a company with limitless scope and vision. Placed within a successful growing business you will have the ability to be both commercial and creative.
Within the role you will report to the Department Manager and will be responsible for delivery of multiple categories; spanning but not exclusive to upholstery, cabinetry, lighting, dining and outdoor. The role is to work with the design team, taking a brief from Head of Brand, to originate, plan, develop and deliver commercial contemporary furniture and more. It’s essential in this role to have a great eye for detail and a sensitivity and understanding of commercial and aspirational design.
The Role (within assigned categories):
- Responsible for maintaining overall product / category margin. Working with designers and suppliers to maximise quality and profitability of the range. Reporting of costs at part of sign off and selection process
- Responsibility for range planning at SKU level, working with an allocated budget
- Ongoing analysis and review of range / offer within category. Keeping up to date of sales performance, identifying areas of opportunity, strengths and weaknesses across the range
- Regularly communicating and reporting NPD status to Range Manager, keeping wider team up to date at all times
- Responsible for delivering ranges to achieve key dates outlined within the critical path
- Liaising with suppliers, supported by an assistant to collate all necessary information required for sign off
- Working closely with designer to develop and edit ranges
- Effective collaboration and communication with design, technical and merchandising teams
- Ownership of the goods development process from initial concepts through to sign off and order
- Regularly presenting range edits and status to Range Manager
Within this role the key measures of success are:
- Ownership and accountability, as the buyer across multiple categories you are responsible for the delivery of assigned categories, working closely with the wider team to deliver ranges to plan and in budget
- Clear and effective communication thought, communicating effectively across teams
Skills and Experience Required:
- Relevant experience working ideally in the home / furniture sector
- Experience of communicating with Far East manufacturers and able to undertake travel to Europe and the Far East to attend trade fairs and review samples etc
- A creative mind with a keen interest and genuine passion for interiors, products and design
- Excellent communication skills; Excellent attention to detail; Commercially astute
- Ability to prioritise, multi-talk and manage projects
- Excellent time management and the ability to work to deadlines
Package: Salary up to £45k (negotiable dependent upon experience) + pension and other benefits
Applications Process: Applications online via this job board or in writing to our retained HR & Recruitment Manager, Lorna Dane at Dane Partnership Ltd. Whilst we would love to respond to every enquiry, and we do our very best to respond to applications we would like to take forward within 2 working days, if you don not receive an acknowledgement or response within five working days, it must be assumed that an application has not been successful. Please send your applications to firstname.lastname@example.org - thank you.