2nd Line IT Support Analyst - Camberley
£26-30k + benefits including pension and gym membership
This outstanding, award winning employer (voted best ‘Best Outsourcing Company of the Year’ in the 'National Technology Awards’ - 2017) is now looking for an additional team member to help look after the needs of their impressive and expanding client list.
This is a "vibrant, fast paced technology company who offer friendly and professional IT Support, Services and Solutions to businesses across Surrey, Berkshire and Hampshire", they bring corporate technology to the SME market – specialising in providing technology solutions from the major global brands (such as Microsoft, HP and Cisco).
Based in modern, bright and stylish offices in Camberley, this is an at times demanding environment to work in, but genuinely satisfying and great fun.
Reporting to the Support Team Leader, the 2nd Line Support Analyst duties include (but are not limited to):
- Giving sympathetic and proactive support to users of varying skill levels and industry backgrounds using the appropriate language over the telephone or in-person (customer site visits)
- Updating and progressing outstanding calls and providing regular feedback of call status to the client
- Call prioritisation and escalation of incidents and problems to the Support Manager
- Working as part of small adhoc project teams for things such as Office Fit-outs, Server Replacements, Office365 Migrations, User Moves and PC Upgrades etc.
- Acting as a Technical Account Manager for a subset of specific customers (responsible for upgrades, regular reviews, recommending and replacing IT Equipment and Software, escalations and documentation (network Diagrams and Cab Layout Diagrams)).
- Keeping the client database and files up to date with current data and proactively updating it where possible
2nd Line Support Analyst, Experience & Skills:
- Proven IT Support experience including diagnosing, repairing and solving hardware/software server and network related issues
- Proven previous experience in a customer facing role and excellent customer service and communication skills
- Ability to explain information in a professional and appropriate manner to clients of differing levels of technical knowledge, from a wide variety of different industries
- Able to quickly learn new skills in a fast-paced environment and demonstrate an interest in new technologies
- Ability to work and remain calm under pressure
- Demonstrate accuracy and attention to detail in work, and a desire to ensure the highest standards are maintained
- Ability to schedule tasks, meet deadlines, work unsupervised and set/follow procedures
- Full Driving License – this role requires travel to client sites in the Surrey, Hampshire, Berkshire areas (and occasionally further afield/overseas) – pool car/vans are provided
2nd Line Support Analyst, Technical Knowledge
- Excellent level of experience of Windows 7/Windows 10 and Microsoft Office 2010/2013/2016
- Good level of experience with Office365 technologies (Exchange Online, SharePoint, OneDrive)
- Experience of Windows Server 2012, and Windows Server 2016, including Active Directory, File Permissions, DHCP/DNS services, Backup & Recovery and Group Policy
- Experience of Networking (Switches & Access Points) and Internet Connectivity solutions (Routers and Firewalls)
- Apple Mac (OSX) experience is desirable
- Mobile Device experience is desirable - eg iPhone, iPad, Android
Pay and benefits: Salary (negotiable dependent upon experience) £26-30k per annum, pension and gym membership. Free parking local to site and some on site parking (first come first served). Working hours: Three patterns (some variance may be negotiable) as follows:- 8am - 4.30pm, 9am - 5.30pm and 9.30am - 6.00pm. We rotate these hours amongst the team and have a weekly shift rotation where possible. Applications to our exclusive and retained executive search consultancy at Dane Partnership ONLY.