Graduate Process Improvement Engineer
Circa £23-£29k (negotiable dependent on experience) + benefits
Working for the world’s leading innovator and manufacturer of nickel-based superalloys you will use your knowledge and experience to provide technical support to the production and engineering teams. You will also identify and implement process improvements to optimise performance and drive a ‘right first time’ culture. In return we will support your ongoing professional development as a member of our established Technical team.
The Graduate Process Engineer will be responsible for:
- Determining process variation and conduct root cause analysis to drive out product non-conformity and improve operational performance
- Identify areas for improvement in order to justify and execute realistic improvement plans, with well designed KPIs to assure accurate performance monitoring. This will be achieved by:
- Identifying and implementing Corrective Actions to address the cause of non-conformance
- Establishing and implementing process acceptance criteria for machines and equipment to verify capability to consistently produce conforming product
- Creating or modifying Standard Operating Procedures and Work Instructions to help ensure conformance to product specifications
- Working with the Management team and operators to establish a zero accidents, ‘right first time’ and customer-focused culture.
- Support New Product Development initiatives under the supervision of the Product Development Manager.
- Degree qualified in an engineering discipline.
- Previous demonstrable engineering or technical experience working within a manufacturing environment desirable but not mandatory.
- Problem solving mind-set
- Drive and enthusiasm
- Demonstrable communication skills with the ability to explain concepts clearly to a wide audience, from Shop Floor to Management
- Excellent organisation skills, and an ability to work well independently
- A willingness to learn new computing and technical skills
This role would suit someone with experience in a similar role and / or recent graduates with a passionate desire to drive manufacturing excellence through process improvement.
PACKAGE: £23,000 - £29,000 (negotiable dependent upon experience), quarterly bonuses + pension scheme, life insurance, 33 days annual leave (including bank holidays). Employer of choice with outstanding prospects
Applications in writing to our retained search consultant. No agencies please. In view of the sometimes overwhelming number of applications received, it may not always be possible for us to respond to each one individually. If you do not hear from us within 5 working days, it should be assumed that on this occasion your application has not been successful. Please send your application to email@example.com - thank you.