Furniture Technologist - Quality Assurance
Established and dynamic online furniture brand
Based in outstanding office environment, Frimley, Surrey
£38,000 - £45,000 (salary negotiable dependent on experience)
An exciting opportunity has arisen for an experienced Product Technologist to join an established and dynamic online furniture brand.
Working within the product team the Product Technologist will help ensure products are delivered to market that are compliant, fit for purpose and fulfil customer needs.
This critical new role will support continued brand growth, profitability and reputation and is an exciting opportunity for someone with a good grounding in quality control/assurance to take the next career step and join friendly, innovative and passionate team.
As the Quality Assurance Product Technologist you will be responsible for:
- Ensuring all existing products and new developments meet legislation and safety standards
- Building strong supplier relationships and working with our team in China to ensure continuous product improvement and the timely resolution of manufacturing issues (this will include regular trips to far east to monitor Quality Control, trouble shoot and audit factories)
- Communicating with manufacturers regarding packaging , assembly instructions & labelling
- Ensuring that suppliers have relevant ethical and technical audits in place, completing annual reviews and updating relevant documentation
- Closely monitoring and tracking any quality problems which occur ensuring a quick resolution to any issues
- Ensuring that all products are optimsed in terms of construction, fittings, production methods, finish, raw material quality, packaging, working to agreed standards of quality, including problem solving and value engineering
- Producing full technical documentation and product specifications to support sign off of production
- Producing product information files
- Monitoring quality at product / supplier and category level; acting as the point of contact to provide support and insight to customer service team on product related issues
Quality Assurance Product Technologist Requirements:
- The ideal candidate will be an experienced Product Technologist from a retail, manufacturing or supplier background
- You will demonstrate a strong understanding of a broad range of materials and finishes and a solid understanding of testing and legislative requirements
- You will have experience of travelling and working with Far East suppliers
- You will have a strong attention to detail and the ability to multi-task
- You will have a structured, methodical way of working focused on recording and follow up
- Strong communication skills and ability to discuss solutions in a pragmatic way
- Willingness to travel to Far East frequently a minimum of 6 times per year
Package: £38,000 - £45,000 (negotiable dependent on experience)
Applications Process: Applications in writing to our exclusive and retained HR and Recruitment Manager at Dane Partnership. Due to the sometimes exceptional number of applications received, we may not always be possible for us to respond to each one individually. As such, if you have not heard from us within 5 working days of an application, it must be assumed that on this occasion you have not been successful. Please send your application to firstname.lastname@example.org - thank you.