General Manager – Materials Testing/Aerospace - up to £70k + benefits
An opportunity has arisen for a suitably experienced individual to manage, direct and co-ordinate the overall activities of this busy materials testing facility. The General Manager will be responsible for around 60 employees, currently achieving a multi-million dollar turnover.
You will be running a key division of a larger corporation (full management, P&L responsibilities). The facility you will manage is made up of a wide range of mechanical, physical and chemical testing facilities, and as the site lead, you will be tasked with driving the business forward, taking full responsibility for the day to day services supplied both to internal and external customers, made up of the most prominent names in the aerospace, automotive, oil and gas and wind and power generation sectors.
- Manage, direct and co-ordinate overall activities including P&L, budgets, staff, resources and testing. Ensure company policies promote and improve the general working standards and productivity.
- Take ownership of the revenue growth goals, including moving the business forward on capabilities to meet customer requirements
- Manage the facilities and staff to ensure they deliver services on schedule, making optimum use of the various available resources
- Liaise with the parent company (key customer) and external customers ensuring efficient communications are maintained for reporting and disseminating information
- Ensure quality standards are maintained; processes are carried out according to established procedures and development work is carried out to improve such procedures
- Ensure appropriate standards are established for costs, variances, and are routinely reviewed
- Recommend and implement new concepts, which have potential in the operating environment for improving productivity and reducing costs
- Implement personnel policies and agreements with trade union, consulting with HR Department and parent company senior management as necessary
- Implement the relevant Health, Safety, Environmental and Quality Systems
- Overall responsibility for assigned staff in respect of training, safety, morale, discipline, selection and promotion
- Excellent leadership ability
- Demonstrable ability to formulate business strategy
- Experience at a senior level in regards to P&L, staff management and general management responsibilities
- Degree Educated, in economics, business, engineering or other relevant subject
- Experience of Aerospace Quality Accreditations
- Experience in Manufacturing, preferably aerospace
- An analytical problem solver able to distil complex issues into coherent solutions
Salary of up to £70k per annum (dependent upon experience) plus quarterly bonuses, pension scheme (employer contribution up to 10%), life insurance, 33 days annual leave (including bank holidays). Relocation assistance in appropriate circumstances.
Applications in writing to our retained search consultant, Lorna Dane. In view of the sometimes overwhelming number of applications received, it may not always be possible for us to respond to each one individually. If you do not hear from us within 7 working days, it should be assumed that on this occasion your application has not been successful. Please send your application to email@example.com - thank you.