Sales Manager (bilingual - English/German) - £40-50k + 10% annual bonus + benefits
A global player in the world of specialist (engineering) manufacturing seeks to recruit an additional sales manager to join an already expanding team - we can be flexible in terms of your experience, hence the broad salary banding - but we want someone eager to meet potential customers and develop new business, strong in both direct sales and the management of distributors. The role will require extensive travel (about 70% of the time) in the UK, Europe (specifically Germany) and perhaps beyond.
Must be a German speaker - some flexibility for your home location i.e. can be in the UK or Germany; if UK, we have a preference for you to be closer to our site - relocation available.
- Identifies, develops and generates sales specific to the German market
- Achieves sales targets as agreed with Director of Sales
- Plan and carry out marketing activities to encourage new sales
- Conducts market research on competitors and customers
- Identify short, medium and long term sales opportunities
- Develop business plans and actions required to achieve
- Monitor and report on sales activities
- Travel to customer sites in the UK, Europe and further afield
- Analyse and propose solutions rapidly and accurately
- Identification and development for the generation of sales in specific markets
- Relevant Education / Degree (Mechanical Engineering, Metallurgy, Materials or similar discipline is most likely)
- Fluency in German essential
- Willing to travel (about 50-60% of the time)
- Export Sales Experience would be an advantage
- Strong negotiating and closing skills
- Initiative, confidence, enthusiasm, good personal and organisational skills
- Customer focused – self reliant, flexible and resourceful - able to set high standards
PACKAGE: Starting salary of £40-50k (dependent upon experience), Quarterly bonuses (about 10-12% per annum) + pension scheme, life insurance, 37 hour week, 33 days annual leave (including bank holidays), share purchase scheme and more....
How To Apply/Find Out More:
Applications in writing by sending a CV and covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org or call us on 01276 20444.
Due to the sometimes high numbers of applications received, if you do not hear from us within 5 working days it must be assumed that your application has not been successful on this occasion.